Scenery and 3D Environment
Every show has its own scenery settings. They can be changed via Show --> Scenery
- Background: Selects the background image for this show. If you want a 3D background (which looks realistic when the camera moves), you have to select "Night Sky 3D". With "Custom Image", you can select your own 2D background image.
- 3D World: Selects a 3D World for this show. The 3D World defines only the 3D models in the show. It does not change the background image. (learn more about creating your own 3D Worlds)
- Brightness: Adjusts brightness of buildings and the ground for this show.
- Show Ground: You can disable the ground for this show, so that the entire background image is visible.
- 2D Image Alignment: When "Custom Image" is selected, you can choose how the image is positioned. "Fill" makes the image fill the entire screen, but some parts of the image may be cut off. Also, when you use the fill option, the fireworks can look out-of-place when rendering a video. This is because the video has an aspect ratio of 16:9, while the FWsim window may have a different aspect ratio, depending on the window size.
"Match Height" is the recommended option. It makes the image fit the height of the screen. This means there might be black borders on the side, but the entire image will be visible. With this option, the fireworks will always be in the correct position when exporting a video.
Tip: If you plan to export a video later, always use background images with a 16:9 aspect ratio (e.g. 1600x900) and select the option "Match Height".